Migration 0021_migrate_to_bullseye did not complete, aborting. Error: Failed to reinstall mariadb-common?

(english/french)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 4.4.2.14
I have access to my server : Full access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi there,

Attempted yesterday to migrate to 11, got this error about mariadb

2022-09-18 21:59:33,364: WARNING - postinst called with unknown argument 'triggered'
2022-09-18 21:59:33,524: WARNING - dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.3 (--configure):
2022-09-18 21:59:33,525: WARNING -  installed mariadb-server-10.3 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
2022-09-18 21:59:33,620: WARNING - Errors were encountered while processing:
2022-09-18 21:59:33,623: WARNING -  mariadb-server-10.3
2022-09-18 21:59:34,043: WARNING - E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Full log here: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/apoxaveliy

I’ve seen other similar topics, where another package is involved, but could not identify any other culprit here.

Also tried

sudo apt --fix-broken install

But there’s nothing to update or fix apparently

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 914 not upgraded.

This seems similar to yours, except I haven’t made any modifications
@unmy any progress?

Yep apparently migration is running ok after a fresh reboot.
Hope it works for you too @unmy

nope, the error actually changed now. :sob:

i skipped the bullseye migration because it looked like i was already on bullseye and i did the other migrations and now it seems that everything looks fine?

You can’t only skip bullseye migration. You have to complete the upgrade yourself.

I had the same error this morning and I solved it in this forum post : Mise à jour vers Debian 11, deuxième serveur .

In quick explain :

$ sudo apt update

$ sudo apt full-upgrade

$ sudo apt autoremove

$ sudo apt update

$ sudo apt full-upgrade

I don’t know why I had to update/full-upgrade two times. After the first round, there was still some upgrade to do (guile-2.2-libs, moulinette/stable 11.0.9, ssowat/stable 11.0.9, yunohost-admin/stable 11.0.10 and yunohost/stable 11.0.9.14).

After that, I could launch the last upgrade parts via the webadmin. (You can do it from CLI too).

thank you for sharing, but that didn’t solve the issue sadly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.