Merge two installations with different domains

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.2.6
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: I have multiple instances that I’d like to merge

Description of my issue

Hi every reader!

I currently have two different VPS with each having an instance of YNH and one domain on it.
I’d like to merge them, to have only one VPS, that will manage multiple domains.

I tried to move backups, but it seems that the --system conf_ldap conf_ynh_settings overwrite the currently installed one. I can understand it :slight_smile:

Is there way to merge those instances? Or should I create the domain manually, and then import manually users into the LDAP before restoring data?

I think there’s no straightfoward way to merge the user database from the two servers, except maybe if you’re comfortable with tinkering LDAP databases

However regarding applications, it should just be a matter of backing-up all apps from one server and restoring them on the other (you should probably create the domain on the destination server though)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.