Mautrix_signal will not install on fresh yunohost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online (contabo)
YunoHost version: 11.2.7
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: mautrix_signal 0.4.3~ynh1

Full Log
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/vakoroyiwi

Description of my issue

When installing matrix_signal the installer gives many warnings and fails. I have tried on a few fresh yunohost installs and it’s always the same result. Here are a few log lines when the install process starts to hit problems

Warning: WARNING: The directory '/opt/yunohost/mautrix_signal/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned or is not writable by the current user. The cache has been disabled. Check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
Warning: WARNING: The directory '/opt/yunohost/mautrix_signal/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned or is not writable by the current user. The cache has been disabled. Check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you should use sudo's -H flag.

You defined the same matrix user as user and admin of the bridge, which results in a duplicate key in the config.yaml file. Just leave defaults values at install and modify them from the config panel afterwards.

found duplicate key "@mack:maindomain.tld" with value "admin" (original value: "user")
2023-11-29 09:01:44,658: WARNING -   in "/opt/yunohost/mautrix_signal/config.yaml", line 239, column 9
1 Like

Deploying with defaults and editing later did the trick. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.