Mattermost backup restore fails

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hi there, I’ve been using Yunohost for about 6 months and love it. This is the first time I’ve run into an issue that I can’t resolve.

I tried to upgrade my Mattermost version in the web admin. The upgrade failed so the upgrade script tried to restore from backup. This also failed. So now I have no Mattermost installed.

Here is the log while trying to restore from backup: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/verawelavi

There seems to be an issue with the mySQL user privileges?
ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 1767: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

My question is: how do I get Mattermost back up and running with my backup data? Thanks in advance for any help!

Ugh that’s weird … i don’t quite understand why it would require the “SUPER” privilege … If you’re at ease with tinkering etc, could you try to open the db.sql file inside the archive, and check what line 1767 looks like ?

Oh no, this was totally my fault. I said I hadn’t added anything custom to Yunohost, but I forgot that I added a database trigger to Mattermost to set a default theme for each new user. That’s the line that was throwing an error in db.sql (creating my custom trigger). I removed the line from the ,tar and the backup restore works now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.