Matrix Synapse testing tree

i wanted to install matriy synapse the test tree.

but i always get a strange error message.

for info i had installed and deleted synapse before but i don’t know if that is the problem.

root@yunohost:~# root@yunohost:~# sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/synapse_ynh/tree/testing --debug
79   DEBUG initializing base actions map parser for cli
79   DEBUG loading actions map
80   DEBUG building parser...
87   DEBUG building parser took 0.007s
88   DEBUG acquiring lock...
96   DEBUG lock has been acquired
102  DEBUG loading python module yunohost.app took 0.006s
102  DEBUG processing action [157416.1]: yunohost.app.install with args={'app': 'https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/synapse_ynh/tree/testing', 'label': None, 'args': None, 'no_remove_on_failure': False, 'force': False}
171  DEBUG Using selector: EpollSelector
DANGER! This app is not part of YunoHost's app catalog. Installing third-party apps may compromise the integrity and security of your system. You should probably NOT install it unless you know what you are doing. NO SUPPORT will be provi
ded if this app doesn't work or breaks your system... If you are willing to take that risk anyway, type 'Yes, I understand': y
2052 DEBUG action [157416.1] executed in 1.950s
2052 DEBUG lock has been released
2052 ERROR Aborting.

When it asks you

This app is not part of YunoHost's app catalog. Installing third-party apps may compromise the integrity and security of your system. You should probably NOT install it unless you know what you are doing. NO SUPPORT will be provided if this app doesn't work or breaks your system... If you are willing to take that risk anyway, type 'Yes, I understand'

you need to type in the command line
Yes, I understand
and not just y

1 Like

An alternative is to add the --force flag to the command.

1 Like

really that simple?
sorry and thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.