Mailjet domain validation

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.2.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin + direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hell all,
I know this subject has been getting its fare share of questions and I’m sorry if I’m adding yet another variation on the same subject, but I’m facing a situation I just cannot seem to overcome and I want to do a bit of sanity checking, so here goes:
Following the other threads on the same subject - like this one for example- I went to the mailjet UI and asked to validate my xxx .noho.st domain. I received the famous filename.txt I will need to expose through my domain and following the thread abovementioned, I added the following file-
/etc/nginx/conf.d/xxx.noho.st.d/_smtp_hack.conf

location /filename.txt {
    add_header Content-Type text/plain;
    return 200 '';
}

When I try to access the url, I see that I get the expected response (200, text/plain content type, empty response), but when I try to validate it through the mailjet UI I keep on getting an error as if they don’t find my file :sob:

Has anyone else got this issue and found out a way to get through it? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

(Je peux passer en francais si ca va vous aider sinon :wink:)

PS- just a quick note of appreciation for yunohost. Literally blown away every time I need to do something, and things just work- out of the box. This is so uncommon in the software world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Snooping a bit further through the mailjet domain validation page, I see that there is a way to enable automated domain validation by installing the following mailjet domain validation template and now I’m wondering if this is something the Yunohost devs can do and are willing to consider…?
I would be happy to open an issue on github, if you think it will be better suited to use a github issue for this question :smiling_face:

I find it weird they would be content with an empty response. Are you sure about that?

Hello @tituspijean
Thank you for getting back to me on this. Indeed it seems a bit weird, so I went back to verify this is indeed the case and looks like it is:

a bit lost here…

Oh! Open a private browsing session: does YunoHost ask you to log in?

So I opened Firefox Focus on my android device, made sure it is not connected to my local wifi and used a VPN, just in case. Got the empty page I was expecting :confused:
This is so confusing…

Quick update,
I just opened a ticket with mailjet. Will let you know how this went once I get a reply, in case others (will) face the same issue.

Well, I’m happy to report that the helpful and efficient support team at mailjet returned to me very quickly, saying they have validated the domain manually (I still don’t know what was stopping their system from picking up the url I set up as per their request).
I haven’t yet looked into authenticating SPF/DKIM and not sure I will go through it, since I can simply add every new email address manually (if I understand it correctly), it will do for me for now. I have already tested email sending and it works just fine :partying_face:
If anyone is interested in doing that though, I did see somewhere yunohost can perform this via the DNS hook it offers. And in case mailjet will not pick it up, you can always try to contact them.
Anyway, thanks for the help @tituspijean - truly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.