Login shell requesting postinstall after upgrade

Hello! I’ve been using Yunohost for about a month now and everything works fine, but this strange issue came up recently.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B+
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
YunoHost version: 4.1.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : not that I’m aware of

Description of my issue

Hello! I installed yunohost on a fresh SD card a month ago, and everything runs smoothly. I ran apt update & apt upgrade yesterday, and now when I SSH into the server I get the following greeting:

======================================================================

Congratulations on setting up your YunoHost server !

To finish the installation, you should run the postinstallation.
 You can find documentation about it on :
     https://yunohost.org/postinstall

You can run it from the command line interface with :
     $ yunohost tools postinstall

Or from a browser by accessing one of your local IP :

======================================================================

I don’t want to run postinstall again because the everything runs fine and I don’t want to lose any settings.
/etc/yunohost/installed exists and is owned by root:root.

is it okay to just ignore the message? and if so, what file do I need to change to get rid of this message every time I log in?

Thank you in advance

Yes you should ignore that message, but let’s try to understand what’s happening …

What user are you connecting with on SSH ?

Thanks for the reply Aleks.

I’m logging in as my non-root account, “m68k”

Hmokay I see, and I guess this user is also a “regular” yunohost user ? (i mean it’s displayed in the list of yunohost users ?)

yes, this is the only regular user on the system and the same one that I’ve used since I first set up the server

It’s indeed related to the recent security fix (your user can’t read anymore the file /etc/yunohost/installed if not root)

I think a quickfix may be to run: rm /etc/profile.d/check_yunohost_is_installed.sh

(this file is only used to resize the rootfs + display the message you saw, so it’s not useful anymore once the system it set up, hence it’s safe to delete)

Thank you Aleks! That’s exactly the solution I was looking for :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.