Login in Movim/converse with XMPP from yunohost server itself

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.9.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Movin and Converse app

Description of my issue

Hi, I have a short question: is it possible to use the Yunohost XMPP user account to login to a XMPP client on the same Yunohost server?

I installed both Movim and (after uninstalling movim) the Converse app. In both cases I can get to the login, and in the Movim app I can get to the admin page and change settings. Yet, when trying to login using my xmpp user address, Movim tries connecting then resets to login page and converse gives an “cannot connect” error. I can use the same xmpp account fine from my android and desktop app.

This makes me think Movim app cannot send a request to the same server it is installed on? Is there a way to do a kind of hairpinning within the server?

Many thanks for considering my question!
And happy 2024!
Ofcourse very much thank you for making and maintaining Yunohost and all its wonderful apps!

Hello aventijn,
I fear this is an issue with the Movim App as it is not maintained.
Maybe you can start with trying to connect localy with xmppc -vvv, to confirm that your server is well running.

Hi Anubis

I looked at the logs and the application tries to call to a function which “does not exist”. So, likely indeed that the app is outdated. I’ll just use the desktop and android client then since they do work.

Thanks for answering!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.