Login for All users fail in Friendica

YunoHost HOME server

Hardware: Old laptop | 20AT0030GE ThinkPad L440 | 5.10.0-28-amd64 | Intel i5-4200M (4) @ 3.100GHz | Intel 4th Gen Core Processor | Memory: 1473MiB / 7669MiB
YunoHost version: 11.2.10.3 (stable)
Access to server : SSH | Webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : Nothing special
Friendica: app 2023.12~ynh3 (update today)

Description of my issue

It all started when a couple of weeks ago I tried to add a new user on friendica (taking an existing user on Yunohost).

First as an administrator user I configured my Friendica node to accept “new users”.

Then in another browser I followed the steps to create a new user (with the same data I used in the Yunohost user administration panel via webadmin).
After seeing in the admin panel that the new user had been successfully created, I then went to the other browser and tried to login to the newly created account, but on each attempt, I got the error: “Login failed. Please check your credentials”.
Then I tried with a different browser, but I got the same error.

And I even tried from my mobile phone, but I still get the same error.

In the friendica webdmin panel unfortunately I can’t change or add any new password, so I don’t know what I can do now.

(In other parts of Yunohost I have no problems using the user accounts, so far it’s only in friendica).

I also discovered that not only new users can’t access friendica from any browser but this also affects all existing users. At the moment I can use the administrator user only from one browser and the first user created from another browser. I don’t want to delete the cache of those 2 browsers so as not to lose the only way to access freindica, which I still have left.

(I also cleared the cache of the other browsers, but the error persists. From this I can infer that the problem could be in Friendica, but I can’t be sure).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.