Local ftp access

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Computer at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.11.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Hello,

I’ve installed cameras in my home which offer the possibility of recording on an FTP server. I would like to use my YH server for this.

Unfortunately, my cameras only support FTP or FTPS but not SFTP. In the YH rights management, I only see SFTP. What do you think is the best way to give my cameras FTP or FTPS access to a directory on my YH server? If possible only on the local network?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I cannot say for the best way, but the simplest would be to create a My Webapp. It offers FTPS access with the my_webapp credentials. The files would be uploaded in /var/www/my_webapp/www I think.

This would make it available like any website. To make it private you would only have to remove the app permission from the Visitors group.

Hi @tituspijean !

Thank you for the quick answer.
However when reading my_webapp readme (GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/my_webapp_ynh: Custom Web app with SFTP access) it seems that this app provides sftp access and not ftps…

Oh sorry, I was confidently incorrect here. Indeed, there is no FTP server in YunoHost. Do the cameras offer other protocols?

No unfortunatly only ftp & ftps