[LibreSpeed] Lightweight Speedtest

LibreSpeed for YunoHost

Integration level
Install LibreSpeed with YunoHost

Lire ce readme en français.

This package allows you to install LibreSpeed quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don’t have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.

Overview

Very lightweight Speedtest.

Shipped version: 5.2.4~ynh1

Demo: https://librespeed.org/

Screenshots

librespeed_screenshot

Disclaimers / important information

• Any known limitations, constrains or stuff not working :

• Please visit Troubleshooting, common problems, known limitations for more informations.
    • Important: ID obfuscation currently only works on 64-bit PHP! You might want to set $redact_ip_addresses to true in results/telemetry_settings.php, this way, all IP addresses will be removed from the telemetry for better privacy. This is disabled by default.
  • Other infos that people should be aware of :

• A basic front-end for visualizing and searching tests by ID is available in domain.tld/results/stats.php. A password is asked to you during installation steps to access this page.

Documentation and resources

Developer info

Please send your pull request to the testing branch.

To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/librespeed_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade librespeed -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/librespeed_ynh/tree/testing --debug

More info regarding app packaging: Introduction to packaging | Yunohost Documentation

3 Likes

Hey!
I’ve tried to install on a RPi 2B, but I got a blank page when I click on “install” button…

Thx for your work :wink:

Strange indeed. I have the same problem at home. I will try to understand where it comes from. In the meantime, you should be able to do the installation in ssh with the following command:
sudo yunohost app install librespeed

It should be fixed now ! :wink:

Yep thx !! Working nice !

But sadly, not like the pure blend version, we don’t have the servers list, to select which server will be used to do the bandwidth test…
Or may be I’m having a bug ?
Thx

Hi @petrus !

Thanks a lot for your feedback. LibreSpeed is a self-hosted speed test which means that by default (for the moment) the server used for the test is the YunoHost server on which the application is installed. LibreSpeed also offers a mode with multiple servers (a case I didn’t consider for the moment, assuming that most users have only one instance of YunoHost). That said, if you have several YunoHost servers with different connections, this is a feature I might try to add for future versions of the app.

1 Like

Hey @rungeard !
Ok about server list ! I was thinking the list can be used by everybody, from every instance installed.

Thx

1 Like

New upstream version 5.2.5 available on testing branch

What’s new :

• Fixed minor vulnerability in results/stats.php
  • Results can now be fetched as JSON instead of just an image
  • Minor fixes

Let me know if it’s working on your side !