Languagetool fails to install: "No space left on device"

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VM running inside Proxmox
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi everyone,

I do not manage to install the languagetool app. It fails with a message
“No space left on device”… here the logs: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/oxekefuhil

Thank you.

Did you check why it says you have “no space left on device”?
More specifically, are you sure it isn’t true?

It shouldn’t be the case, I just increased the size of my root partition from 30 gig to 60 gig yesterday… there is plenty of room… however, I do not understand why the system is showing only 16G available, it should be around 30G… I have seen this behaviour before, if I reboot the server, the total amount of free partition space appears correctly again…

Disk /dev/sda: 60 GiB, 64424509440 bytes, 125829120 sectors
Disk model: QEMU HARDDISK
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x4e9597bd

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sda1 * 2048 125829119 125827072 60G 83 Linux
root@yuno:/home/admin# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev
tmpfs 1.6G 29M 1.6G 2% /run
/dev/sda1 59G 41G 16G 73% /
tmpfs 7.9G 36K 7.9G 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 1.6G 0 1.6G 0% /run/user/1007
root@yuno:/home/admin#

I guess this is related to your other problem:

You must tell the file system it has more space available

Not sure I understand what you mean by “telling the file system”… I already solved that problem you point to… I increased the root partition seize to 60 gig, the space is there available… something else I need to do?

My bad, I read too quickly :sweat:

OK. So I checked the sizes of the ZIP files mentioned in your log.

So we are near ~10GB.

First they are all downloaded into /opt/yunohost-apps-src/languagetool/. Then they are unzipped into /tmp. And finally copied into /home/yunohost.app/languagetool.

The install program is smart enough to delete the temporary files of a download before switching to the next one. But this is still huge. And I didn’t try and download them to check the unzip sizes.

Maybe you can try first without the English part — if possible. Or increase again the partition.

I see! thanks a lot for pointing these facts out… I understand now. I will see what I do. This programme needs a lot of room for itself indeed!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.