Joomla in yunohost

I 'm trying to get joomla working in yunohost but failed.
I already have a working joomla site that I am trying to move. I moved all the files and transferred the database.
I have created a custom_webapp, created a database using phpmyadmin and restored the database, transferred the files with filezilla, edited configuration.php for the domain name and database settings but it seems that it requires an ftp access.

All I get is “error” when I go to the domain name.
I don’t know what to look for

What makes you think that?

Have a look to PHP and NGINX’s logs for your app, and maybe your browser’s console (F12).

It’s a very old site since joomla 1.5, I remember I had to create an ftp account for the first installation, years ago.
It is defined in the Configuration file:

public $ftp_enable = '0';
	public $ftp_host = '127.0.0.1';
	public $ftp_pass = 'xxxccccccc';
	public $ftp_port = '21';
	public $ftp_root = '';
	public $ftp_user = 'xxxxxxxc';

The site has more than 200 articles. It is becoming complicated to maintain. With embedded pdfs, video playlists, photo albums, etc…
I want to move it to another platform, maybe a static website (hugo). Making it by hand will take a lot of time.
I thought about transferring it to my yunohost server so transfer speed will be much faster.
I will check browser’s console as I get back home.
The nginx log was empty :thinking: when I checked it yesterday. I will recheck it.

For years, Joomla has always wanted FTP access. It can run without it, but you won’t be able to do updates via Joomla or install/update extensions.

1 Like

Nginx log :

b'2022/01/17 07:37:45 [error] 30678#30678: *3776 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/sessions) in /var/www/my_webapp__2/www/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260" while reading response header from upstream, client: 102.158.95.166, server: domain.com, request: "GET /amostn/ HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.3-fpm-my_webapp__2.sock:", host: "domain.com", referrer: "https://domain.com/yunohost/admin/"'

It seems that it has something to do with php modules.
I’ ll try to investigate further