Join us for the Brique Camp / YunoCamp 2021! (August 11th -> 15th)

[English version]

We are happy to announce that the Brique Camp / YunoCamp 2021 will happen from August 11th to 15th in Paris at La Générale in Paris ! :partying_face:

What is it? :brick:

yunohost internetcube

During this event, various contributors from the YunoHost project and the Internet Cube project (also called la Brique Internet) will meet, discuss, drink various beverages, and work on the projects ! :yum:

Can I join? :thinking:

Yes! You are free to join us if you want to chat about the project or learn or contribute! Knowing how to code is great (frontend, backend, sysadmin, network stuff, …) but turns out that we desperately need people willing to work on “non-technical” aspects of the projects, such as communication, UX tests, design, pedagogical documentation, translations … or just sharing with us what you do with YunoHost / the Internet Cube and what you would like to see happening in the future! Also just passing by to say hi is cool too !

You can also join us to work on other projects related to decentralizing the Internet and destroy the tech megacorps :wink: :v: !

Shall I register somewhere? :ticket:

If you plan to join, and especially if you want to organize an accomodation with the rest of the team (to reduce costs) then please add your nickname as soon as possible on

:arrow_right: this Framadate :arrow_left:

and/or contact us to camp@yunohost.org so that we can organize the accomodations.

Filling the framadate helps us anticipate the number of people that will be there, to better organize space and logistic !

Getting there

This is in Paris ! La Générale is close to the metro station Mouton-Duvernet. Entrance is at 26/28 rue Mouton-Duvernet : Node: 2996094704 | OpenStreetMap

Map of Paris Metro : https://www.ratp.fr/sites/default/files/plans-lignes/Plans-essentiels/Plan-Metro.1555581459.pdf

The place has a kitchen and will be somewhat free to organize our meal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[Version française]

Nous sommes heureux d’annoncer que le Brique Camp / YunoCamp 2021 aura lieu du 11 au 15 août, à La Générale à Paris ! :partying_face:

Keskéçé? :brick:

yunohost internetcube

Pendant cet événement, différents contributeurices des projet YunoHost et La Brique Internet se rencontrent, discutent, ingurgitent des boissons variées, et travaillent sur les projets ! :yum:

Je peux venir? :thinking:

Oui! Vous êtes le bienvenu si vous voulez parler du projet, le découvrir ou contribuer! Savoir coder c’est cool (frontend, backend, adminsys, trucs de réseau, …) mais il se trouve que nous cherchons désespérément des personnes qui veulent s’investir sur des aspects “non-techniques” des projects, comme la communication, des tests d’UX, du design, faire des documentation pédagogiques, les traductions … Ou bien vous pouvez tout simplement venir nous raconter comment vous utiliser YunoHost / la Brique Internet et qu’est-ce que vous aimeriez voir dans le futur! Juste passer 5 minutes pour dire bonjour, c’est cool aussi !

Vous pouvez aussi vous joindre à nous pour travailler sur un quelconque projet lié à la décentralisation d’Internet et/ou la destruction des mégarcorps de l’informatique :wink: :v: !

Est-ce qu’il faut s’enregister? :ticket:

Si vous comptez venir, et en particulier si vous voulez organiser un hébergement en commun avec le reste de l’équipe (pour réduire les coûts) alors rajoutez votre pseudo sur

:arrow_right: ce Framadate :arrow_left:

et/ou contactez-nous à camp@yunohost.org pour que l’on puisse s’organiser pour l’hébergement.

Remplir le framadate nous aide à anticiper le nombre de personnes qui seront présentes, et à mieux gérer l’espace et la logistique !

Venir

C’est dans Paris ! La Générale est à deux pas de la station Mouton-Duvernet. L’entrée est au 26/28 rue Mouton-Duvernet : Node: 2996094704 | OpenStreetMap

Carte du métro Parisien : https://www.ratp.fr/sites/default/files/plans-lignes/Plans-essentiels/Plan-Metro.1555581459.pdf

Le lieu a une cuisine et nous serons relativement libre de nous organiser comme on veux pour les repas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:fr:
Travaux d’été 2021 sur le réseau RER.
Certains tronçons et gare seront fermés à ces dates là, si vous avez besoin d’aide n’hésitez pas !

:uk:
Some summer work on the RER A, B, C, D and E.
Some sections and station will be closed on these dates, if you need help please ask !

Salut, je passerai surement le 14 et/ou le 15.
Pour le reste de la semaine, c’est jusqu’à quelle heure le soir ?

PS: si quelqu’un trouve un lien expliquant en anglais les travaux de cet été sur toute les ligne RER je le rajoute.

:clipperton_island: Salut,

Ce sont donc cinq jours dédiés au projet de la brique sur Paris c’est ça ? Comme d’habitude, la question graphique me plait beaucoup et je serai ravi de filer un coup de main, malheureusement, je ne serai pas du tout disponible à ces dates. Est-ce qu’on peut participer autrement ?

:uk: Hello,

Is this five days of intense work for the brick project ? As usual, graphic design is something that talks to me, unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend the event. Is there a way to help another time ?

Au fait, est-ce que ça a un intérêt de venir les 5 jours ou bien un seul peut suffire ?

I’d love to help more with communications or design! Just point me at a useful task, please!

I’m a native English speaker who knows a bit of Spanish and a tiny bit of French. I have experience in writing press releases, marketing and graphic design. I know a little web design and could probably write some documentation, although neither are my strong suit.

Where do I start? :smile:

3 Likes

Hey @Zinkie ! Thanks for the enthusiasm !

I think overall we as a project team, a vast majority of us are super focused on technicalities and are kinda lost on the whole topic (and it’s in fact a pretty broad one) that we don’t really even know where to orient people to :sweat_smile:.

Naively I think what we need first is some honest and constructive criticism from people external to the project regarding our current communication process (or lack of) such as :

• is there anything to change/improve/completely rework on the website or the graphical identity
  • is the way we communicate about new release the right one
  • is there anything to change in the documentation (or also the webadmin) to be more friendly for non-technical people
  • how to ease with “adoption” / getting started process as much as possible
  • are there tips and tricks to attract more news website to talk about the project.

And of course this raises a lot of existential questions regarding the project as a whole, such as “what’s the ambition of the project”, “what kind of public are we targeting”, “is the goal of targeting non-technical people ultimately a pipe dream”, i doubt we have clear answers to these, but overall it would just be nice to know what people think works and doesn’t work about the project, from an external point of view :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

What time shall we meet at La Générale on Wednesday?

We plan to be there and start at 10am (or maybe rather 10:30 while we handle some paperwork and stuff)

1 Like

YunoCamp is starting.

Here a pad to organize all the things Yunocamp2021

Argh, I tried to come to say hello and got stuck in front of La Générale…
And I see the phone number just now :cry:
will be for next year then…

The phone number was on the door :confused:

Caramba! Encore raté!

We organized a bit better the pad, if some of you don’t come but want to contribute remotely, feel free to add some remote meeting/workshop in the “Self-managed program” part of the pad and to meet you on the LDN mumble. You can speak with people on the IRL event via chat

1 Like

Bonsoir / Hello,

Que de nouveautés et de belles initiatives <3
Un grand merci à toute l’équipe ainsi qu’à toutes les personnes qui œuvrent et contribuent autour du projet !

So many new things and great initiatives <3
A big thank you to the whole team and to all the people who work and contribute around the project!

ppr

1 Like

Hi Aleks,

I also like to promote self-hosting. I think there are only a few obstacles remaining including these two:

1. Scalability : If hundreds of thousands of people start visiting a self-hosted server it’s not going to be able to handle the load. There are projects that distribute the workload on the decentralized network. PeerTube (which YunoHost supports) has this capability. I’ve been looking into it and found projects like ThreeFold grid, SlapOs, and Pocketnet that are doing this. I think this might take quite a while to implement in YunoHost but if made possible it would be incredible. I think this is worth keeping in mind.

2. Integrating something like Umbrel into YunoHost. Umbrel is a self-hosted bitcoin (and lightning network) full node with a web interface. It also has apps like btcpay that can be used to process crypto payments. This should be a lot easier to implement.

A scalable and crypto-enabled YunoHost would make it easy for business as well as personal use.

Thanks,