Jitsi and Metronome/Prosody

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS
YunoHost version: 11.1.21.4
I have access to my server : ssh/webmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: jitsi 2.0.8319~ynh1

Description of my issue

Greetings, programs!

I see that Jitsi disables Metronome in favor of Prosody, but the Prosody that Jitsi is boxed with doesn’t seem to actually work – anytime I try to connect to it, I get a notice that the domain isn’t authorized.

Is it possible to install Jitsi but keep Metronome, or fix the Prosody install so that it takes over for Metronome?

I know Metronome is a fork of Prosody so I’m a little confused as to why the Jitsi installer replaces Metronome to begin with – since every Yuno instance has metronome installed, seems like it’d be easier just to leverage that.

1 Like

Yes, that was of course what was first thought … Unfortunately XMPP is so standard that even a fork of Prosody is not “good enough”, there’s some sort of tight-coupling between Prosody and Jitsi to have the proper feature/optimization for whatever feature this is used for

Like, people spend literally weeks trying to figure out a way to make Jitsi work with Metronome, to no available, so we ended up having to install Prosody as a “last resort” …

Hello wraidd,
it seems possible to install Prosody instead of Metronome, a user documented it here : PoC - Yunohost - Remplacé Metronome par Prosody | Sebseb01 (nota: this is not an official method, as far as I know compatibility with Jitsi has not yet been tested, it may break other things, etc. but you can possibly get some some support there : xmpp:yunohost-xmpp@muc.chapril.org?join ; feel free to share if it works with Jitsi !)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.