Jeedom "/tmp/jeedom/cache" is not writable

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dell Poweredge R710
YunoHost version: Powered by YunoHost 3.8.4.8 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH & through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

After running into issues with Jeedom working I managed to get jeedom.DOMAIN.COM working by changing the CAA from flag 128 to 0 for let’s encrypt.

Jeedom now opens, but it spits back The directory “/tmp/jeedom/cache” is not writable. and shows a blank screen.

Could you do this to see what is the issue about permission on this directory ?

namei -l /tmp/jeedom/cache

I get this

:~# namei -l /tmp/jeedom/cache
f: /tmp/jeedom/cache
drwxr-xr-x root     root     /
drwxrwxrwt root     root     tmp
drwxrwxrwx jeedom   jeedom   jeedom
drwxrwxr-- www-data www-data cache

try

chown www-data:jeedom /tmp/jeedom/cache

It works! thank you so much for that!

I am getting weird errors when trying to change the language (Configuration):

SplFileInfo::getSize(): stat failed for /tmp/jeedom/cache/ec/5b706c7567696e3a3a63726f6e353a3a696e70726f67726573735d5b315d.doctrinecache.data

Most of the site is in french, which I have an okay reading level with, but not changing it is annoying a bit

I am wondering, I just realized that I might be “in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ?”

My server wouldn’t let me download YUNO directly so I had to install debian first AND THEN jump over to yuno through “curl https://install.yunohost.org | bash”.

I’m getting NGINX 404 errors now with

DOMAIN.COM/concrete (for concrete5)
DOMAIN.COM/grav (for Grav).

Is there something with the curl script that I should do additionally?

No it’s ok.

Just jeedom seems have some issues inside its package

I have never install jeedom so i don’t know this issue @yalh76 or @scith might know more

Can you check the permissions again?
I don’t know how the current jeedom YNH package works, but a few years ago I abandoned trying to fit jeedom in yunohost.
Jeedom ran a script every few minutes by Cron that messes all the permissions up. It modifies the /tmp permissions and even the webroot ones…

drwxr-xr-x root     root   /
drwxrwxrwt root     root   tmp
drwxrwxrwx jeedom   jeedom jeedom
drwxrwxr-- www-data jeedom cache

looks like it’s back. Could the Jeedom thing be why jitsi and everything else is failing? Has anyone tried getting homeassistant to work?

Yes certainly… This is the script jeedom runs every few minutes

As you see, it messes the whole /tmp and /var/www directories.
You are good to reinstall your server I’m afraid…

oh fuck noooooo, I just got it working :sob:

okay…

I like jeedom but it really is designed to be on it’s own machine. Even Docker is suboptimal.
Otherwise you can install it without root access. But you will have to install many of the plugins by hand (e.g. openzwave) and some will refuse to run

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.