I have troubles setting up yunohost specifically starting the post-installation of yunohost on a regular PC (64bit). Because it cannot connect to the local network.
What did I do/observe:
- burn ISO image to USB (yunohost-buster-4.0.3-amd64-stable)
- connected ethernet cable to the PC (I observe blinking lights at the etherport)
- start yunohost installer
- lights at the etherport stop blinking
- the installer asks me to connect to my wifi-network with the WPA-key
- the installation-wizard confirms the connection, my router indicates a new device connected via wifi
- the installation completes successfully
- after reboot the yunohost post-installation has no IP (and the router tells me the same thing: the device does not figure on the list of connected devices)
- I cannot complete the post-installation because of no ip… and I abort the post installation
and that’s where I am stuck, for instance it does not know wpa_supplicant and - of course - I can’t install anything without internet. And I do not know how to write logs or obtain more information that would help understand the problem.
Eventually, I wonder why it does not recognize the existing ethernet interface and connects right away to the internet. I am even more puzzeled that during installation, connecting to the wifi works but after reboot it forgets about it.
Previously, I installed another distro on the same computer and it automatically connected via cable, so my assumption is that it is not a hardware or router issue, but has someting to do with the yunohost installation.
Btw I am a proud ‘owner’ of a yunohost server on my Pi, I just wanted to scale up a little bit and use apps that are a little more resource-hungry or need x64
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
My YunoHost server
YunoHost version: yunohost-buster-4.0.3-amd64
I have access to my server : direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no