Is it possible to browse YNH files from Windows 10 PC on the same local network?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dell R720|
YunoHost version: 4.0.6.1 (stable).
I have access to my server : SSH, webadmin, direct access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : not really. I have a RAID server.

Description of my issue

Hello! Another kinda basic question: I can access my YNH files through the browser obviously, but I was wondering if it was possible to “map a network drive” on Windows 10 for example? I foind a bit in the YNH guide about local DNS but that seemed to be for hairpinning only.

Thank you :slight_smile:

What are the files that you can access thru your browser ?

I don’t know Windows, but you can access your server via SSH, there should be tools in windows to mount a filesystem via SSH/SFTP
If not, you can use tools like FileZilla to access the files.

I am not sure to undersand the request, so maybe my answer is not what you want :frowning_face:

1 Like

If you wan’t mount a network drive, you can look Samba or NFS protocol.

I’m use a samba setup, but, take the time to compare your use.
And how @Mamie say, you can use an SSH/SFTP protocol to make a network acces, but i don’t know if windows have a native way with this protocol.
Have a good day :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thank both you and @mamie! Those are very clarifying answers! I was hoping to mount a network drive essentially, like as an additional stroage in windows explorer/directory opus but it seems that something like filezilla is the best best.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.