IPv6 only YuNoHost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: PVE LXC Container behind a firewall
YunoHost version: 4.2.7
I have access to my server : Yes
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: No public IPv4 (no plan to have one), no port forwarding, public IPv6 only

I could install YNH without any issue, the domain is properly setup to point to the IPv6 address of the VM, however, YNH complain that I have no IPv4 DNS setup (which is normal, I don’t have any public IPv4 available for this VM) and prevent me from requesting a let’s encrypt certificate because of that (apparently?) (it should work completely fine with IPv6 only configuration)

This domain doesn’t seem ready for a Let’s Encrypt certificate. Please check your DNS configuration and HTTP server reachability. The ‘DNS records’ and ‘Web’ section in the diagnosis page can help you understand what is misconfigured.

I don’t plan to expose it using IPv4, is there a way to tell YNH to completely ignore the IPv4 configuration and only rely on IPv6 for its features ?

Thanks

Hello
I think you can try sudo yunohost domain cert-install nomdedomain.tld --no-checks to force install the let’s encrypt certificate even with warning in the diagnosis.

1 Like

Thank you, it worked, maybe it would be interesting to allow this to be done directly from the web interface ?

Also if would be great to have a toggle to say “I don’t care about IPv4”, without having everything red where everything works perfectly fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.