Iptables error on postinstall

Hi!

I installed Armbian Buster on a SBC, and then I run the yunohost install script. Everything was ok. Now when running yunohost tools postinstall I get the following error:

Error: iptables/nftables does not seems to be working on your setup. You may be in a container or your kernel does have the proper modules loaded. Sometimes, rebooting the machine may solve the issue.

Please help!

Thank you very much!!

By the way, I am not running any container.
Rebooting did not help.
When I run apt install iptables it told me it was already installed.
But when I run apt install nftables it told me the packages libnftables0 and nftables were not installed, so I installed them.
But that did not help, I got exactly the same error when running yunohost tools postinstall.

I also tried rebooting after the nftables installation, but it made no difference, I get the same error again:

Error: iptables/nftables does not seems to be working on your setup. You may be in a container or your kernel does have the proper modules loaded. Sometimes, rebooting the machine may solve the issue.

The error suggests something about kernel modules, what should I exactly do?

Thank you!

To list module containing “tables” in your kernel

lsmod | grep tables

Hey ljf! Thank you!

Apparently they are not loaded. Your command gives me no output.

Maybe try:

modprobe ip_tables
modprobe ip6_tables

: /

root@mysbc:~# modprobe ip_tables
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.9.14-sunxi/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.9.14-sunxi
root@mysbc:~# 
root@mysbc:~# modprobe ip6_tables
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.9.14-sunxi/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module ip6_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.9.14-sunxi

I guess I can try to install a newer kernel (Armbian sunxi)??

If I do so, after upgrading the kernel, will I need to reinstall Yunohost or can I go directly to the post-install?

Yes install a new kernel might fix it.

I think postinstall should be enough.

Solved by compiling Armbian with “Legacy” kernel instead of “Current” kernel.

Thank you @ljf!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.