Ip4 Ports on two servers

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.0.11(stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no /

Description of my issue

Hi,

I have two servers. Both have Yunohost installed and set up. On my router, I’ve configured ip4 and 6 ports for the first server with no problem and ip6 ports for the second server - however, I can’t get the new server to add v4 ports e.g. when I try to add any port it tells me those ports are already assigned to the other server.

Is there a way around this? I couldn’t see anything in the documentation or searching this forum.

Hello, are you behind a single public IP address ?
Where are you hosting those both servers ? If you are behind a personal router, with your public ISP you most probably have only 1 public IP address, if so, you can redirect from your router your traffic only once (for each port).

What you need is probably something like a broker or a reverse-proxy to which you could redirect ALL Traffic, and will then separate the services according to the client, and the URL it calls for instance.

Hope it helps !

not possible with a consumer router,
that will be possible in 3 scenarios,

1. a router based pfsense / opnsense / OpenWRT with vLan’s. (Domain redirection based - similar to reverse proxy),

2. on a machine with a separate NAT and a reverse proxy listener what will perform redirects,

3. a third server what will be used as a reverse proxy such as apache / nginx

It is not possible to have opened the same ports twice on the same IP. You need to set up custom port forwarding rules or use different method - just like @izakis and @fabulousfabs said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.