IP reported by diagnosis as blacklisted on hostkarma, but hostkarma says it isn't

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH & through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no but maybe :slight_smile:
If yes, please explain: The diagnosis says I have a personalised /etc/resolv.conf. I didn’t personalise it (so I imagine it was updated by Gandi, the VPS provider?), not sure what would be the side effects of making it like the diagnosis want (and how), so I ignored the warning.

Description of my issue

According to the diagnosis, my IP or domain is blacklisted on Hostkarma. When I go to Hostkarma Blacklist Removal Form and enter the IPv4 of the server, it says the reverse DNS is fine and the IP is not on any hostkarma list.

I also tried with IPv6 and the main domain, but this form only accepts IPv4.

The backlist reason is No Blacklist listed 217, and 217 is the first byte of my IPv4 so I suspect that the diagnosis does not parse correctly the response from hostkarma, but that’s only a wild guess.
Anyone with a better knowledge of the diagnosis code understands what could be the reason?

Hello,

I manually ran the DNS query for the blacklist check and it seems to be OK :

$ dig XXX.XXX.XXX.217.hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com
;; ANSWER SECTION:
XXX.XXX.XXX.217.hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com. 1714 IN A 127.0.0.5

According to the documentation (Spam DNS Lists - Computer Tyme Support Wiki), 127.0.0.5 means “NOBL - This IP is not a spam only source and no blacklists need to be tested”.

Issue opened : Diagnosis incorrectly report IP blacklist on Hostkarma · Issue #1873 · YunoHost/issues · GitHub

It’s a good first issue to contribute, i give some instructions to fix the problem Diagnosis incorrectly report IP blacklist on Hostkarma · Issue #1873 · YunoHost/issues · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.