Installation of a non listed app directly on debian/yunoshost environment : FLEXlm

Hello everybody,

I hope this is a valid question/help request placed in the right place.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop Dell Precision M4700
YunoHost version: 11.0.11
I have access to my server : Mainly Through SSH (putty) & direct access via keyboard & screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue’s context

Make sit on my YunoHost machine the license server for a software (Simcenter STAR-CCM+). The software editor provides with the install file of the license server/service management program, the well known FlexNet/FLEXlm.
The ultimate goal is to have YunoHost hosting my work collaboration platform (data, internal communication, project management etc…) including managing my licenses pools for the different software to be used in collaboration mode.
The software editor provides the installation under 2 different forms: a “.bin” and a zipped folder. I downloaded the “.bin” and ran it as root through a putty ssh terminal. This operation, among other tasks, creates a directory in which a dozen of different scripts allow the user to control the license server (start, check status, read license file, etc…).

Description of my issue

I applied on this directory a chmod -R u+x. Yet, whatever I do, the bash terminal sends me back the following error message and no script can be used:

-bash: ./lmutil: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Which translate:

-bash: ./lmutil: no file or folder of that type

Is there any security system or special YunoHost Debians’s install that could prevent me from running .bin or scripts ?

Any help on that problem is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance,

G

No

After which command did you see this message ?

hello @ljf

Right after typing the command ./AnyOfTheScriptOfTheFlexLmFolder… And in that particular case, the error came right after ./lmutil.

After few hours of research, I finally found out that it fails to launch the scripts probably because of the missing libraries of “ld-linux-x86-64.so.3”. If I understood it well, this is due to the discontinuation of the LSB support…
I am new to all these concepts and no compatibility warnings were given… I found out on forums that this license manager software needed it just a couple of hours ago… And I didn’t manage to make the alien trick to work…

Sorry that it took me 2hrs to update the topic. It took me a moment to put up with this failure…

The first workaround coming to my mind for having my YunoHost server to, on top of all the beautiful things it currently does, host my license server is that I run as a primary OS any other linux based OS with LSB (I chose Ubuntu jellyfish) and install YunoHost on a Virtual machine on it. And I was a beginner with networks and linux so I have no idea of how a virtual machine works :sob:. But I’m gonna make it!
Then with a VPN server on the machine I’ll be able to work away from my house…

Thanks anyway!