My YunoHost server
Hardware: Old computer
YunoHost version: trying fresh install of v3.5.2
I have access to my server : direct access via keyboard
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
Description of my issue
I was running Yunohost for over a year on my server. I wanted to reinstall because of some issues I had. Now I can’t get the v3.5.2 ISO to install. During install it keeps failing at “Select and Install Software”.
I tried many different things to troubleshoot this so far:
- Loaded live USB of Kubuntu to delete and format drive because it had encrypted lvm on it before
- Tried downloading another copy of the ISO from yunohost.org, checked sig and sha256sum, both OK.
- Tried using another USB drive (both of these drives have worked in the past when I’ve installed Linux distros and Yunohost)
- Tried ignoring warnings, skipping ahead to install Grub (server was unstable though, so I need to do a fresh install).
- After the last fail, in Yunohost installer I tried “Check the CD-ROM(s) Integrity” and it says the “./install.amd/gtk/initrd.gz file has failed the MD5 Checksum verification”.
Is the file on the website corrupt? If it is, this will give newbies a real bad taste for Yunohost.
This is the image I’ve been trying to install for the last 24 hours: https://build.yunohost.org/yunohost-stretch-18.104.22.168-amd64-stable.iso
When I flash the ISO to USB with Etcher or DD it also doesn’t have a ‘label’. I flashed Yunohost before and it had the label Yunohost on there. I flashed a Kubuntu ISO on the USB and it had the correct label.