Install in Raspberry Pi / admin password / changed keyboard layout

I install YunoHost v4.1.7.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3 with Monitor and Keyboard…

I set the local domain and admin password. My password contains a “special character”…

After installation i recordnised that the keyboard layout is English and not German. The docs didn’t contain anything about this: TNTSearch Search | Yunohost Documentation

I found https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard and change the layout via dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration to German… Logout and login and Bam!!! I can’t login: Password wrong… Ups. Yes, the “special character” changed because of layout change…

The help page Get access back into YunoHost | Yunohost Documentation contains this:

If this is still failing, on a VPS you may be able to reboot in rescue mode. Do not hesitate to ask for help

But how to reboot in secure mode on a Raspberry Pi ?!? There is no boot menu…

That’s a boring experience for new user, isn’t it?

My solution: I looked the English Layout and spotted the “special character” that i have to use on the german keyboard.
Now i can login as root via console and change the password… But boring: I have to change the password again on the web page…

A raspberry pi is not a Virtual Private Server (Virtual Machine).

However you can do like if you were in rescue mode by simply take the SD card and plug in in your personnal computer.

Did you do that in your browser or in command line ?

Your solution to compare keyboard layout was the good one and the simple way :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.