I think I finally found what is giving me the "yaml error"

I’ve been getting a “error in log file unexpected error in log file yaml.md”
Think its this

accueil Yunohost

The yaml metadata file associated with logs is corrupted: ‘/var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190801-222709-app_install-reel2bits.yml
Error: Corrupted yaml read from /var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190801-222709-app_install-reel2bits.yml (reason: while scanning an alias
in “”, line 13, column 25:
YNH_APP_ARG_PASSWORD: **********
^
expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found ‘*’
in “”, line 13, column 26:
^)’

The yaml metadata file associated with logs is corrupted: ‘/var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190804-151842-app_install-reel2bits.yml
Error: Corrupted yaml read from /var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190804-151842-app_install-reel2bits.yml (reason: while scanning an alias
^
^)’

The yaml metadata file associated with logs is corrupted: ‘/var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190811-165250-app_install-blogotext.yml
Error: Corrupted yaml read from /var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190811-165250-app_install-blogotext.yml (reason: while scanning an alias
^
^)’

The yaml metadata file associated with logs is corrupted: ‘/var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190816-083741-app_install-reel2bits.yml
Error: Corrupted yaml read from /var/log/yunohost/categories/operation/20190816-083741-app_install-reel2bits.yml (reason: while scanning an alias
^
^)’
If I delete this file (downloading a copy of it before hand) would that stop the error?

1 Like

Yes indeed you’re right !

We fixed the issue about new log files but wasn’t so brave to implement a migration for the old log files, so the issue should disappear “by itself” in the future because new logfile will be created for new action, and by default yunohost won’t load older files (though it’s possible, but by default it only log something like the 20 last operations)

Anyway … If you want to fix it, you can also open the file and put quotes around the asterisks to look like this :

YNH_APP_ARG_PASSWORD: '**********'

and that will fix it :wink:

Awesome! I will give a try in a few minutes.
Ive got the thing doing something else right now. Lol.
I love Yunohost!
Can you tell I’ve become a fanboy? Lol

We did notice a few weeks ago already haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.