I have screwed something up royally! Please HELP!

Hardware: Old laptop or computer - Dell Optiplex 330
YunoHost version:

yunohost
3.6.5.2 (stable)
yunohost-admin
3.6.5 (stable)
moulinette
3.6.4.1 (stable)
ssowat
3.6.4 (stable)

I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | All 3
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Descriptioin of my Problem
I have done a lot of “streamlining” of my Yunohost. I removed my Peertube, Reel2bits, Roundcube and mumble server plus a domain and all of it’s subdomains. I did all of this in order to reduce the amount of traffic I was getting on my home connection. But during all of this I cant seem to now install anything new. I’ve tried installing Tiny Tiny Rss and FreshRss both on my nohost.me and they are both failing. What did I do?
FreshRss-log
Tiny Tiny Rss-log

I am getting this error as well about Funkwhale but I uninstalled that about a month ago.

accueil Yunohost

nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/etc/yunohost/certs/funkwhale.boneheadmedia.com/crt.pem") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen(’/etc/yunohost/certs/funkwhale.boneheadmedia.com/crt.pem’,‘r’) error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Hello,
Looks like you need to renew your SSL certificate.
But perhaps awaits the opinion of a more expert than me :smile:

That seems to be because funkwhale’s app messed up manually with the nginx conf as reported in https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/funkwhale_ynh/issues/84 and therefore the file did not get deleted when removing the domain …

So you need to manually rm /etc/nginx/conf.d/funkwhale.boneheadmedia.com.conf I believe

1 Like

But is that stopping me from installing new apps?

After you fix it, nope

Then whats keeping me from installing new apps?
And why did it just now start throwing that error at me?

The fact that the funkwhale app messed up with the nginx config, then when you removed your funkwhale domain, the file appeared as manually modified, then yunohost did not automatically removed it (because it appeared as manually modified), which broke nginx as a whole (so also for other apps that rely on nginx, i.e. web app, which account for like 95% of apps)

Well crap!
Should I just reinstall?
What would that do to my email? And the nohost.me domain?

Just rm /etc/nginx/conf.d/funkwhale.boneheadmedia.com.conf

2 Likes

I’m trying to. But I just banned myself, ROFL!!!
In my frustration I messed up to many times.

1 Like

And boom! Just like that we are back in business.
Turns out I didnt ban myself. I had my phone plugged into the usb to charge and somehow that was messing with my login.
I removed the offending file and everything is back to normal and it seems to be a lot faster as well!

Thank you Aleks! You are a GOD!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.