I get an error when setting URL permissions when installing mastodon

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi (specify version, 0 to 4) at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
installed on a linode running debian 11
YunoHost version: x.x.x
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | … ssh and admin panel and keyboard through web interface
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no / yes
If yes, please explain:
no

Description of my issue

To get help efficiently, please explain what you are trying to achieve, in which context, what you tried and provide detailed error messages and logs if you can.

Avoid saying that it “doesn’t work” or that it “does nothing” … explain what really happens and how you interpret it!

NB: we prefer you to share the full logs by clicking the green buttons “Share logs with YunoPaste”.
You can also copy them into paste.yunohost.org or directly include error messages using backticks like this :

Here are some error messages

I was installing mastodon on my linode via the yunohost admin control panel. I recently added the domain mastodon.domain.tld [omphiscated] and the dns looks correct. I got permission errors after the app was being built, or at least that is what it looked like. I might or might not have ran out of space and or memmoryh. If I did I can upgrade however I wanted to start out small and do a test run before I did this on a real domain. I believe I have a paste of the log.

Thanks so much and have a happy wednesday. I rfeally don’t know the first thign to troubleshoot as dns is not really my thing. Again thanks so so much you guys.

FATAL ERROR: Reached heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory

that just is symptomatic of - usually - the system running out of RAM during the build time, you may need to add RAM or swap to your setup

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.