How YunoHost ISO installation chooses partitions sizes (/tmp and /var too small?)

Hi!

I would like to know how the YunoHost/Debian installer choose the default size for all the partitions in the disk.

Because, in my case, I was obliged to expand my /var partition to small by default for LXC files.

And now, my /tmp partition (only 360Mo by default) is to small for the default configuration of Nexcloud. Because if I understand, during a file upload, the file is temporary stored in /tmp during the transfer. But if the uploaded file is bigger than the free space in /tmp, the upload is aborded with a “Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: HTTP/1.1 400 expected filesize” error.

And the only way that I have found to expand my partitions is by booting with a Live Linux, reduce the last partition on the disk (/home in my case), create a new partition and finally doing a rsync of all files in the former partition on the new one and change my /etc/fstab with the new partition UUID.

Thank you point of view!

:wink:

Nobody?

This is the default partitioning method of debian for server.

The idea is to prevent any standard user to fill the system partition.
So /home and /tmp are put aside.

For /var, it’s to prevent an issue with a big log.

Thank you for the reply. I understand the “security” reason but in my case (don’t know for others people) it’s not the better method.

Any possibility to let people choose the partitioning method during YunoHost install?

It has been fixed by this commit [enh] Add LVM, remove non-free · YunoHost/cd_build@3e84c8c · GitHub
But the iso hasn’t been rebuild since then.

I’m going to work on this matter this evening.

Cool :wink:
Thank you!

The new iso are now built and available on https://build.yunohost.org/