How to mount a USB storage and move files to share folder?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B at home
YunoHost version: 4.3.4.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH, through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I have just installed the server, and through a bit of struggle managed to get ssh working. I tried to install Navidrome but it said yunohost needs to be updated. So I did that by first doing apt update on the ssh command line and accepting yes to the repository status (something about it going from stable to oldstable, I don’t have the terminal records saved), then clicking on the system updates option in web UI. I now have Navidrome installed but I have no idea on how to get the music files I want into the server. I tried plugging in a USB drive but I couldn’t mount it on command line. I looked under dev, mnt and media. In dev I found something called sda1 but cd said it can’t be mounted as disk. And there is no option to do files management on the webadmin UI.
Can anyone guide me on this? I’m very much a noob to everything in server side stuff, all I want is to have a music server up and running with my music files for New Year’s eve.

Place your music files in the shared folder. Best way to use Nextcloud. You’ll find a folder called “shared multimedia” in which there is a “music” folder. Navidrome will scan this folder (for organising documents, I recommend you to follow the folder structure you’ll see there)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.