How to migrate my Mastodon account from a "bare-metal" installation to a Yunohost-managed one?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4, 4 GB RAM, hosted at home
YunoHost version: 4.0 or later, whenever I install it
I have access to my server : Through SSH, and direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : not yet, but probably will need to

Description of my issue

First of all, a bit of backstory: I used to run Yunohost on a VPS, but during the time of the migration to Debian Buster, several key packages (in particular Nextcloud) were getting dangerously outdated. So when I migrated to a self-hosted Raspberry Pi at my home, I decided to host all my applications by installing them manually.

However, now that Raspberry Pi OS has released a 64-bit version, I’m considering to migrate back to Yunohost, but I currently have one major problem in that regard: I’m not sure how to migrate my current Mastodon installation (and account) to a Yunohost-managed database, with its LDAP hooks and whatnot. I cannot have my account perform a server migration, as the URL for the origin and destination servers will be one and the same (and furthermore I can’t run both environments simultaneously, not without purchasing a second Raspberry Pi 4 solely to migrate).

My question is, having a full backup of the PostgreSQL database and the media cache, is it possible to run the assistant and THEN reimport my old account on top of the one generated by Yunohost, keeping the LDAP bindings but overwriting my server/account private keys, messages and follows with the ones from my backup?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.