How to force a specific network interface for install Yunohost

Hello,

I try to setup Yunohost on a PC (latest Yunohost x64 distrib). This machine has two network interfaces, one ethernet and one wifi.

Problem, yunohost setup force me to use wifi interface instead ethernet. It force me to chose a wifi network (can’t skip this step) and setup an IP adress (useless because there is no wifi acces point).

Ethernet interface is also detected but not used by default by Yunohost installation.

I can disable Wifi interface by removing the M2 wifi card. But before that, I would to know if there is a way to chose ethernet as default network interface to complete Yunohst installation.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT : in expert install, the setup process take ethernet only and installation works.

SO it’s solve byy using the expert install however we have not done too much test on this kind of configuration. Other solution if an other person have a problem like this, install debian and do the install of yunohost like for a VPS (on top of debian) to transform debian into yunohost.

OK, but why expert install take ethernet and graphical install force wifi ?
After removing wifi card, graphical install works well. But for everybody, it’s not allways possible to remove wifi chip.

I don’t know why.

I checked the preseed file in default and expert mode, here is the diff:

13a14
> d-i mirror/http/proxy seen false
56c57
< d-i partman/choose_partition select finish
---
> #d-i partman/choose_partition select finish
99c100
< d-i grub-installer/bootdev string default
---
> #d-i grub-installer/bootdev string default

Nothing seems to explain this behaviour

Netcfg behavior in normal mode is to sort interfaces in alphabetical order (which usually puts wireless last), and select the first that has link.

A workaround if the wireless interface is selected is to activate the RF kill switch. Netcfg will display an error message once, then select the next interface if ignored.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.