How to clean a messed up LDAP config

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: see below

Description of my issue

While attempting to get the LDAP admin password, I accidentally ran a dpkg-reconfigure slapd which broke the entire LDAP server. Users can’t log in (because all credentials became invalid), the web admin is getting internal errors, and I cannot run YunoHost commands, they fail with:

Error: error during LDAP search operation with: base='ou=domains,dc=yunohost,dc=org', filter='virtualdomain=*', attrs=['virtualdomain'] and exception {'desc': 'No such object', 'matched': 'dc=yunohost,dc=org'}

Since I still managed to get SSH access through the Oracle Cloud Shell, I attempted a reinstall, by uninstalling the slapd, yunohost and yunohost-admin packages, and then reinstalling via curl https://install.yunohost.org | bash, but when running yunohost tools postinstall, I ran into this:

Error: It looks like you're trying to re-postinstall a system that was already working previously ... If you recently had some bug or issues with your installation, please first discuss with the team on how to fix the situation instead of savagely re-running the postinstall ...

That means the install is currently in a broken state, but there does not appear to be a way to cleanly reinstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.