How to change homepage from admin login to sso?

Hello,

I’m new to yunohost and hosting a webserver generally, so this is my first question about this.

My YunoHost server

**Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
**YunoHost version: 3.8.5
**I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : I have disables the web administration interface. And I’m using a firewall.

Description of my issue

To make the setup more secure, I have disabled the web administration interface with the following commands from https://yunohost.org/#/security:

sudo systemctl disable yunohost-api
sudo systemctl stop yunohost-api

After that, the web administration interface login page (example.com/yunohost/admin/#/login) get opened as the homepage if I open the website and it says that the yunohost api is not reachable (which sounds correct because I have disabled it according to the documentation).

How can I change this homepage to example.com/yunohost/sso/?

I have searched in the admindoc and in the yunohost settings (from command line), but I didn’t found any option to setup the homepage.

Well uuuh that should be the default behavior … (to have the sso portal showing up when reaching the main domain)

Can you confirm that you access via the main domain and not via the IP ? (otherwise, when accessing via the IP, it will indeed display the webadmin)

Alternatively, maybe creating a first user can help (due do a stupid/weird all bug, but should be fixed since 3.8 so)

I can confirm I’m using a domain name and not an IP.
But I forgot to mention that I have a firewall between the main router and the YunoHost server which is doing NAT, so maybe that causes the YunoHost installation to think that it is reached by IP?
If so, how to change that?

I already have created some users, so that should not be the reason for the problem.

Then that’s not the cause of the issue …

eeeeh, idk, maybe trying from another browser ? :confused: Otherwise I’m just pretty surprised … I see no reason for this to happen …

Can you maybe check the output of cat /etc/ssowat/conf.json.persistent, and see if there’s anything related to some redirection ? (I expect this command to just return {})

I tested it with different browsers both desktop and mobile: Always example.com/yunohost/admin/ is the homepage.

I will check the /etc/ssowat/conf.json.persistent file later.

Here’s the content from /etc/ssowat/conf.json.persistent:

{
    "redirected_urls": {
        "/": "example.com/yunohost/admin"
    },
    "skipped_urls": [
        "/seafhttp",
        "/seafdav"
    ]
}

There is a redirection of / to example.com/yunohost/admin. Seems like this is the reason for my problem.
There are also some urls in the skipped_urls section. This seems to be the urls which can be reached without a login. They are related to Seafile, so it seems like this configuration comes from the installation of Seafile.

Is it save to just edit this file with nano and correct the redirected_urls part?
Or will this break something in the future if a YunoHost installation script want to change this file again?

Yes it’s fine to remove the redirected_urls part (just be careful about the json syntax)

It works! Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.