How can I browse to an app (like wordpress) using the ip and path if needed?

Hi,
I’m sorry and I get this is likely not something this is meant or designed for but let’s say I know find myself in a situation for whatever the reason where I have yunohost working no problem with a domain but had wordpress installed as well via another domain that I had to remove.

I need to still gather some info from that wordpress site and I tried to edit my hosts file to point to it but it didn’t seem to work.

So if my ip for my server is 192.168.1.1 I tried to goto 192.168.1.1/var/www/wordpress but that didn’t work… How can I get there? Also, I know wordpress has settings directly for what domain it’s on etc, but in the yunohost panel could I just change the install to a different domain and it would work?

sorry for the weird question

Entering the ip address of the server > webadmin
Editing hosts file of the computer / smartphone > “you connect directly to your server without going through the internet”

To get files of your wordpress :

• You can connect via sftp to get your files using filezilla (root user)
  • You can connect via SSH, switch to root user, go to where your files are and modify them, copy them to your local machine
  • You can install webmin, it has a filemanager
  • You can make a backup from the webadmin and download it

I’m not really sure to understand what you want to do

1 Like

sounds like you want to move wordpress from from Domain to another domain?

" I know wordpress has settings directly for what domain it’s on etc, but in the yunohost panel could I just change the install to a different domain and it would work?"

if you have not already go ahead and setup a your new domain under domains, once done, go to applications look for wordpress then click on domains and find your NEW domain then save and it should move everything over but make sure you also change the DNS/A Record on your hosting providers domain managment so it points to yunohost.

just look for
Change the access URL of this application (domain and/or path).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.