How can a non-developer help?

Hi !

Thanks for all the positive feedback :stuck_out_tongue:

In terms of money-donations, yes it’s still not straightforward and we are hoping to setup a clean solution to receive those in the coming months (well, we’ve been saying this for a like a year now, but it progress … just slowly :stuck_out_tongue: )

If you want to contribute with your time, there are a few things you can do even without technical skills (well everybody has technical skills, but maybe not everybody has programming/sysadmin technical skills, but I digress) :

• as you mention it, a video about the installation process would be absolutely awesome ! I often think about the nice video done by the freedombox project : https://freedombox.org/ (at the bottom) which looks clear and straight to the point. I think it would clearly help the project and the users willing to install :stuck_out_tongue:
  • talking about the project around you is something not to underestimate, we don’t have so much communication right now, so we mostly rely on people talking about the project around them. We really need help to expand the user base, especially outside France :wink: ;
  • if you want to help the app team : app packagers will always be thankful to have feedback about the testing-branch of apps. This is detailed a bit more in How to contribute to YunoHost (+ various other ways to help)
  • then of course there is translation, documentation (c.f. the ‘Edit’ button at the bottom of pages in the doc), or reporting on the issue tracker anything that you find frustrating / not smooth in the various steps and stuff you can do with YunoHost, UX is always something to improve, and as time goes by, we developers ineluctably forget that some stuff ain’t obvious :smile:

You would be surprised if you knew how much we have no idea what we are doing haha :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes