Help with restoring backups

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
YunoHost version: 11.2.9.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes, some custom config

Description of my issue

I’ve built up significant “config crust” over the years so I want t migrate to a new instance. I backed everything up, made note of all my custom config things lie fstab and my swap settings and started copying everything over. The first issue I’ve run into is trying to restore the *arr apps, and Nextcloud:

2024-02-09 17:13:55,902: WARNING - setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/<every single user>/Share/Torrents: No such file or directory

I suppose I could just manually make the folders but then I wouldn’t know what to do for permissions etc. Is making the folders not part of the restore script? It must have been part of the install script, no?

Next is a similar issue with Transmission:

2024-02-09 17:23:41,011: WARNING - chown: cannot access '/home/yunohost.app/transmission/progress': No such file or directory

EDIT:

I’m seeing a common theme here. Synapse is doing the same:

2024-02-09 18:48:22,774: WARNING - ../settings/scripts/_common.sh: /opt/yunohost/matrix-synapse/bin/pip3: /opt/yunohost/matrix-synapse/bin/python3: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

BUMP so this doesn’t get closed.

Why don’t you just backup the apps on original instance and restore them on the new system?

That’s what I did. The results are what I pasted above: the restore is trying to restore non-existent folders. Manually creating them on the system I back up doesn’t work.

Did you create full backups? It seems like you created backup archive with BACKUP_CORE enabled, so data directory was not transferred over.

if by “full backup” you mean every box checked in the Web UI, that’s what I did. All apps AND config.

Do you have the original still in place? If so, can you please try creating backup of transmission and sharing the logs (available in web admin->Tools->Logs, look for the last backup attempt).

Thanks for the reply!

Here’s the Yunopaste:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/tumowehuko

This is strange, seems like it correctly backed up empty $data_dir (did you expect something to be stored there?)

No clue why it would directories as missing after restore :confused:

I’m still struggling with this.

setfacl: /home/yunohost.multimedia/library/Share/Torrents: No such file or directory

Is all I get with some of these backups. A lot of the updates/upgrades over the four years I’ve been running this server weren’t clean, hence my need for this migration. Is there a way to skip these directories in the restore?