[HELP] dns settings have disappeared

hello!

I use www.dynu.com to manage my domain and ip.
With version 11.0.4 there was already a problem to enter the API token. with version 11.0.5 it worked. I read that it is an experemmentelle connection to dynu. but everything worked fine. i could install some apps without problems.

so now i wanted to install grocy and forgot that there was a dns entry for dynu.
now came an error message (see screenshot)

I wanted to look at the admin tool dns only my then token entry is not present. in addition, I have manually deleted it from dynu and still can not install grocy. as if any entry from the dns would be vorhanen but in the gui dns nothing would be present.
is this a bug? can it be reset?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Proxmox / Debian 11.0 /
YunoHost version: 11.0.5
I have access to my server : Webadmin and SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

What do you mean by that?

The error in red tells you that Grocy needs its own (sub)domain. The first thing to do is add a subdomain in Yunohost. You were quite in the right direction, I think.

Imagine your domain is zunam.net, and you want to install Grocy at grok.zunam.net:

• go to Yunohost admin → Domains
  • add domain → I already have a domain name
  • enter grok.zunam.net, add
  • back to applications, add application, chose Grocy
  • select grok.zunam.net as domain where the app should be installed

Once Grocy is installed, a few more steps:

• create the new subdomain over at Dynu, let it point to your Yunohost (the same as your main domain)
  • get a Letsencrypt-certificate for grok.zunam.net via the domain settings of Yunohost

Good luck!

Please forget the entry with grocy. the problem with the dynu entry I could solve myself.

primarily I am concerned about the error that my dns settings with token connection are gone.

It’s possible that your settings was deleted of all domains because you deleted on one . (i am not totally sure, but you can test again to validate this)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.