Hedgedoc install error: "Config panel question 'allow_anonymous' should be initialized with a value during install or upgrade."

My YunoHost server

Hardware: eeePC 1005HA
YunoHost version: 11.2.3
I have access to my server :
:white_check_mark: Through SSH
:white_check_mark: Through the webadmin
:white_check_mark: Direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Hedgedoc 1.9.8~ynh2

Description of my issue

After installing Hedgedoc 1.9.8-ynh2, an error is displayed on its page in the admin panel:

An error prevents the configuration panel from being displayed:
Config panel question 'allow_anonymous' should be initialized with a value during install or upgrade.
Please report this error to the YunoHost team to get it fixed!

These are the settings it refers to. Editing /var/www/hedgedoc/config.json and restarting Hedgedoc doesn’t get rid of the warning. (This is expected, because it says the problem is the initial configuration, but I thought I’d try anyway.)

The Yunohost install script seems to set allow_anonymous:

#=================================================
# RETRIEVE ARGUMENTS FROM THE MANIFEST

allow_anonymous=false
allow_anonymous_edits=false
allow_email_registration=false
allow_free_url=false
require_free_url_authentication=false

# STORE SETTINGS FROM MANIFEST

ynh_app_setting_set --app=$app --key=allow_anonymous --value=$allow_anonymous
ynh_app_setting_set --app=$app --key=allow_email_registration --value=$allow_email_registration
ynh_app_setting_set --app=$app --key=allow_free_url --value=$allow_free_url
ynh_app_setting_set --app=$app --key=require_free_url_authentication --value=$require_free_url_authentication
ynh_app_setting_set --app=$app --key=allow_anonymous_edits --value=$allow_anonymous_edits

Should it ask the admin to set the configuration value in the manifest file, when it asks for default permissions, the install directory, etc.?

The app itself works fine, and an admin can still change the user and privileges settings by editing the config file. It’s just that the configuration panel does not show in the Yunohost admin back-end.

Thanks very much for your help!

1.9.9 should fix the issue

1 Like

It was fixed a few hours ago, you should receive it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.