Hedgedoc failed installation

Hello there,

been testing yunohost for quite a while, first tim with an issue I could not find or solve by myself.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.9.15 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen is feasible, if required
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Tried to install the application in subject as well as the one this was forked (codimd) from and installation fails.

I pasted the terminal feedback here

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/eyazumazup

For any further information I could provide to help solving the matter, please let me know.

Cheers,
e.

cc: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1

Yeah Hedgedoc unfortunately requires a shitload of RAM to build during the install (something like 1 or 2GB or RAM just for the build itself if I recall correctly … cf the README of the app maybe). The line about the compiler getting killed is symptomatic of a lack of resource on the machine.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I guess this kills the hope…

I’ll try to stop some service to free some memory, but I guess it won’t be enough.
If I have some success, I’ll post it here, otherwise I’ll try some other app.

Cheers,
e.

Good news…it turns out that turning off mysql freed enough memory for allowing the compilation.

Thanks a lot for your helpful analysis and all the best.
e.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.