I’ve made a git based hosting for things such as Pelican, octopress.org and other static page hosting needs as the “Custom Web app with SFTP access” wasn’t quite what I as looking for.
I’ve not tested it on my “live” server yet but, I have tried it over and over on VirtualBox machines.
The code can be found on github and demo Youtube demo
- write a static page or use something like Pelican, jekyllrb, octopress, Hugo and many more!
git remote add origin git@hostname:~/gitsourcecode/
git add index.html style.css
git commit -a -m "my first commit"
git push#login with the password you set at install
- Visit your site and enjoy
- all the goodness of git version control.
- a hook to move the pages from the repo to the www serving folder.
- tested with Pelican, but I assume all the other static page generators will work.
- ldap integration is missing (can git even be integrated with ldap without breaking everything?)
- Backup and Restore doesn’t work! but, the site is held locally so just reinstall and
- unable to set up public key authentication ( I spent hours trying, and just couldn’t get it to work).
- multiple installs