Ghost Mail Problem

Hello everyone

I have a problem with the app Ghost. I hope someone can help me. I thank you in advance for any help I get.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home with 4GB Ram
YunoHost version: YunoHost 11.2.4 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH & through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Ghost 5.60.0~ynh2
URL path for installation: /

Description of my issue

When I try to invite another person (in the Ghost app), I get the following error message:

Error sending email! Error sending email: Failed to send email. Reason: Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: IP: 127.0.0.1 is not in the cert's list: . Please check your email settings and resend the invitation.

The config.production.json looks like this:

“mail”: {
“transport”: “SMTP”,
“options”: {
“host”: “127.0.0.1”,
“port”: 25,
“auth”: {
“user”: “noreply@[my domain]”,
“pass”: “[is available]”

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Best regards
Simon

Ok, if I change the config like this, then I can send mails:

“mail”: {
“transport”: “SMTP”,
“options”: {
“host”: “127.0.0.1”,
“port”: 25,
“ignoreTLS”: true,
“auth”: {
“user”: “noreply@[my domain]”,
“pass”: “[is available]”

2 Likes

Are you able to send bulk emails (like newsletters) this way, or just individual emails (e.g. user invitations, password resets, member signup and member login links)?

I’m asking because I’ve read here Configuration - Adapt your publication to suit your needs that you need to set up Mailgun for bulk emails, which I found too complicated.

Thanks for the debugging! I’ll try to implement this in the next fix, along with host issue from the other thread.

It was first about the individual mails.

Mass mails would also be exciting, but for the first time I would only need 100-200 mails per month. Mailgun is way too expensive for me.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.