[Ghost] Blogging platform

Thanks I might try. But it’s a bit of development option. I might want to run a serious site on it and if somewhere (this summer or when) yunohost updates and all is lost … I will cry.

I’m getting some weird timeout errors while installing Ghost (both the official and beta versions), but I think that’s just me. (I’ve already installed Ghost once in the past on the same YunoHost).

Like @mbro, if there’s any way I can help bring the official version up, I’d be happy to do so.

So, to report back, the result is a mixed bag I guess. It looks like it worked at first glance, but since I don’t know what all the warnings mean, how important they are or where to start fixing them on yunohost… I’ll have to move to a docker image or some other way to properly host this probably.

admin@yh:~$ sudo yunohost app upgrade ghost -u https://github.com/Yunohost-Apps/ghost_ynh/tree/4.1.0
Info: Now upgrading ghost...
Info: [+...................] > Loading installation settings...
Info: [#+..................] > Checking version...
Info: [##+.................] > Ensuring downward compatibility...
Info: [###+................] > Backing up the app before upgrading (may take a while)...
Info: [####+...............] > Stopping a systemd service...
Info: [#####++.............] > Upgrading source files...
Info: [#######+............] > Upgrading NGINX web server configuration...
Info: [########+...........] > Upgrading dependencies...
Info: '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ghost.asc' wasn't deleted because it doesn't exist.
Info: [#########+..........] > Making sure dedicated system user exists...
Info: [##########+.........] > Modifying a config file...
Info: [###########+........] > Building ghost... (this will take some time and resources!)
Warning: warning ghost@4.1.0: The engine "cli" appears to be invalid.
Warning: warning Resolution field "moment@2.24.0" is incompatible with requested version "moment@2.27.0"
Warning: warning Resolution field "moment@2.24.0" is incompatible with requested version "moment@2.27.0"
Warning: warning Resolution field "moment@2.24.0" is incompatible with requested version "moment@^2.29.1"
Warning: warning Resolution field "moment-timezone@0.5.23" is incompatible with requested version "moment-timezone@0.5.31"
Warning: warning Resolution field "moment-timezone@0.5.23" is incompatible with requested version "moment-timezone@0.5.31"
Warning: warning " > bookshelf@0.15.2" has incorrect peer dependency "knex@>=0.13.0 <0.18.0".
Warning: warning " > @lodder/grunt-postcss@3.0.0" has unmet peer dependency "postcss@^8.0.9".
Warning: warning knex-migrator > sqlite3 > node-gyp > request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
Info: [############++......] > Upgrading systemd configuration...
Info: [##############+.....] > Securing files and directories...
Info: [###############+....] > Integrating service in YunoHost...
Info: [################+...] > Starting a systemd service...
Warning: Please wait, the service ghost is starting.....
Info: The service ghost has correctly executed the action start.
Info: [#################+..] > Reloading NGINX web server...
Success! ghost upgraded

There is PR for the ghost. I will test tomorrow. It looks ok though.

Can you show the log while there is timeout?

I got the same warning, I don’t know what it means either, but I think it will probably be fixed in a future update. If you have any doubts, you should go back to your backup that made before upgrading.

But it works correctly, and it doesn’t bother me personally, knowing that my site is under construction, it takes time :sweat_smile:

Do it yourself via Docker, which I think is not a bad idea, at least you don’t depend on packagers. I saw that there was also a LXD app on Yunohost, it might be a good idea to look at that side, to install your site :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, I got it working now. The domain I was trying to install Ghost on wasn’t pointed to my YunoHost server so perhaps it was trying some kind of ping during installation that was failing? Anyway, I changed my domain and it’s all working well now (the 4.1.0 branch, at that!)

1 Like

[Solved See below] Hi Thank you for Ghost on YNH

Ghost is on my domain name.
Got more than 50 notes and error during the installation :slight_smile:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/kuwucefiqo

I can reach the front page but can not reach the admin page (time out).
https://jreservices.fr/ghost/ghost/

ID
ghost
Libellé
Ghost
Description
Plateforme de blogging
Version
4.3.3~ynh1
Peut être installée plusieurs fois
Oui
Date d'installation
18 juin 2021 à 14:06:32
URL
https://jreservices.fr/ghost
Groupes / utilisateurs actuellement autorisés à accéder à cette application :
visitors, all_users

My YNH is on a OVH Cloud VPS SDD 1.

Thank you for sharing somes ressources, I completely new with Ghost :slight_smile:

Hi,
It’s ok. I have:

1. Uninstalled WordPress which was in the /blog repertory
  2. Reinstalled Ghost

And now I can reach the admin page.
(I am not sure the solution come from the Worpress unistallation :slight_smile: )

Hello all,

:information_source: New release! (PR53)

• :arrow_heading_up: Upgrade to v4.16.0.
  • :broom: Some code cleanup and fixes
  • :robot: Add automatic updater, for faster maintenance.

:warning: Upgrade as soon as possble. v4.15.0 fixed a serious security issue. More details over at: Member account takeover · Advisory · TryGhost/Ghost · GitHub.

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve just tried to install Ghost but I have the “502 Bad Gateway - nginx” page error.

It does this on two YunoHost installation so I was wondering if other people have encountered the same error.

now it works, thank you

Yes: Issue with ghost service · Issue #122 · YunoHost-Apps/ghost_ynh · GitHub

@tituspijean I’m getting another :warning: security vulnerability alert (+ fix) alert from Ghost. Details here:

The vulnerability has been fixed in Ghost versions 4.48.2 and 5.2.3.

Independently, I saw that there were some additional problems getting Ghost v5 to work in YunoHost, for which there’s a PR merged into the testing branch but not yet live on the master branch. Is there anything remaining to be done before it goes into master?

I’m running a production Ghost site but I don’t mind upgrading to the testing version (or installing a new instance and testing it there) if that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Update: the upgrade process has now been fixed! Upgrade to the latest version (5.8.3~ynh1 as of writing this) to be fully secured—as well as to make use of the great new features Ghost has been announcing this past week :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help on that issue! :heart:

1 Like

Admin interface doesn’t seem to be rendering in the latest update. Here’s the discussion on the Ghost forum along with my workaround:

Once it’s been confirmed I’ll see about creating a pull request :wink: although we really should switch to official Ghost tooling at some point…

1 Like

Next version, in testing right now, should fix that issue. Thanks for the guide. :slight_smile:

Agreed. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:warning:
Due to an incompability with MariaDB in subsequent releases, the latest available version of the Ghost package includes version 5.20, and will not be updated in the foreseeable future. (cf. #199)

Hello,
What can we do to install 5.2.1 with no mariadb ?
Thanks.

We cannot. YunoHost uses MariaDB instead of MySQL, and there is no changing that in a realistic manner.

1 Like

So we can’t update ? even clean install ?

Not even this version : GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/ghost_ynh: Ghost package for YunoHost ? 5.21