Full boot partition; cannot migrate

Hi everyone ! Thank you in advance for the attention and time given :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think I have a simple problem, but I am quite afraid about the answers you will give me tbh, meaning I would love not to have to just wipe my server to put up a brand new oneā€¦ :sob:

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Small desktop PC (Intel Atom E3950)
YunoHost version: 4.4.2.14
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen if necessary
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no, just trying to migrate to yunohost 11 !

Description of my issue

I tried migrating to 11, but I got an error message telling me that my boot partition is full. I did not remember putting such a small and specific space for the partition, did I choose this or was this automatic ?

Here are my drives and partitions :

root@address:~# lsblk
NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0 119.2G  0 disk 
|-sda1   8:1    0   100M  0 part 
|-sda2   8:2    0    16M  0 part 
|-sda3   8:3    0  40.2G  0 part 
|-sda4   8:4    0   800M  0 part 
|-sda5   8:5    0   244M  0 part /boot
|-sda6   8:6    0   977M  0 part [SWAP]
`-sda7   8:7    0    77G  0 part /
sdb      8:16   0   1.8T  0 disk 
`-sdb1   8:17   0   1.8T  0 part /home

And here the specific error Iā€™m reffering to :

[ERROR] Storage /boot (on device /dev/sda5) has only 0 B (0%) space remaining (out of 226 MiB). You should really consider cleaning up some space!

Complete logs are here : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/ehoruhutim

What can I do ? Can allocate more space to /sda5 without reformatting my drive ? Can I free up some space by deleting some files ? If so, which ones and how to do it properly ?

Thank you for your help :heart:

(Can answer in french if you prefer, wrote in English because I thought it would be accessible for more people.)

1 Like

Letā€™s try cleaning up old, unused kernels:

dpkg --get-selections|grep 'linux-image*'|awk '{print $1}'|egrep -v "linux-image-$(uname -r)|linux-image-generic" |while read n;do apt-get -y remove $n;done
5 Likes

Thank you so much ! Easy, quick and efficient response :heart:

Bonus question : on the diagnosis page, if I click ā€œIgnoreā€ for a warning/error, is there a way after that to reset this choice to get this diagnosis back ?

Context : I have errors for email that I donā€™t care about for now, but I would like to take care of them at some point !

Thank you

P.S. : sorry, itā€™s not really about the same subject, tell me if itā€™s better to delete this post and create another topic for this specific problem !

Uuuuuh yeah just click the ā€œUnignoreā€ button after clicking Ignore ? :thinking:

1 Like

I was just wondering if this command for example, could be added as a button in the tools section of the webadmin (a sub-section called server cleanup)?

1 Like

Haha thx :sweat_smile: Was afraid to click it to see what happensā€¦

Thank you so much for your swiftness, kindness and hard work :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.