Friendica Daemon

My YunoHost server

Hardware: old Laptop
YunoHost version: 11.2.10.3 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Friendica 2023.12~ynh3

Description of my issue

I have just installed Friendica on YunoHost for testing.
But now I have this message in the logs all the time and can’t log in either

Apr 11 14:15:46 systemd[1]: friendica-daemon.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
Apr 11 14:15:46 systemd[1]: friendica-daemon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 11 14:15:56 systemd[1]: friendica-daemon.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 634.
Apr 11 14:15:56 systemd[1]: Stopped Friendica daemon.

Hi 5nlzbqoru,

Welcome to the forums!

The message does not give so much context. Maybe we can get some more context when explicitly stopping and starting the service. Could you try:

$ sudo yunohost service stop friendica
$ sudo yunohost service start friendica

I hope that the second line, to start Friendica, will exit with a hint where to look for logs, and maybe an option to upload logs with YunoPaste.

do you mean friendica-daemon?
friendica could not found

sudo yunohost service stop friendica
Fehler: Unbekannter Dienst 'friendica'
sudo yunohost service stop friendica-daemon
Erfolg! Der Dienst 'friendica-daemon' wurde erfolgreich beendet
sudo yunohost service start friendica-daemon
Erfolg! Der Dienst 'friendica-daemon' wurde erfolgreich gestartet

Log journalctl

Apr 12 09:36:41 systemd[1]: Stopped Friendica daemon.
Apr 12 09:36:41 systemd[1]: friendica-daemon.service: Consumed 1.006s CPU time.
Apr 12 09:36:41 systemd[1]: Started Friendica daemon.
Apr 12 09:36:42 systemd[1]: friendica-daemon.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
Apr 12 09:36:42 systemd[1]: friendica-daemon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Welcome!

To get the (hopefully) proper logs, go in your webadmin, Tools menu, Logs submenu, and select friendica-daemon.

There you should see the same extract as you just shared, but also the contents of the /var/log/friendica/daemon.log. To share all of them, click on the green “Share with YunoPaste” button.

It will open a new page on the paste.yunohost.org domain. Share its URL here.

I have no Tools > Logs > friendica-daemon
I have Tools > Services

/var/log/friendica/daemon.log

Starting worker daemon.
Child process started with pid 100496.
Starting worker daemon.
Child process started with pid 100620.

Yes, my bad, sorry for that :slight_smile:

I installed Friendica on, what turned out, a broken test-Yunohost, so my Friendica won’t start either. At least I know the name of the service now!

Is there nothing more than these two repeating lines? Mine:

The largest green button of the two shares the log via Yunopaste. Before uploading, all personal information (IP, domain, credentials etc) is removed. See the example of my log: hastebin

It has never worked after installing, did it? If there is not any more logging there is very little to go by. In that case maybe you could try removing the app and reinstalling it.

i have reinstalled the app. But i have the same issue
https://paste.yunohost.org/izogowiwaj

1 Like

With new installation of Yunohost I also get the same error.