[Focalboard] Project management tool

Focalboard for YunoHost

Integration level
Install Focalboard with YunoHost

Overview

Focalboard is a project management tool that helps define, organize, track and manage work across teams, using a familiar kanban board view.

Shipped version: 0.8.0~ynh1

Screenshots

Documentation and resources

6 Likes

Interesting!

Looks Good! Thanks for the share!

If you wish to share your boards publically as described in the User’s Guide, you’ll need to manually enabled the enablePublicSharedBoards setting in the app’s config.json file.

You can do this via the console by logging in and editing /opt/yunohost/focalboard/config.json thusly:

{
    "serverRoot": "http://127.0.0.1:8095",
    "port": 8095,
    //...snip...
    "session_refresh_time": 18000,
    "enablePublicSharedBoards": true,   // <--- Add this config variable
    "localOnly": false
}

This is documented in mattermost/focalboard PR: #3441 which, although merged, doesn’t seem to have updated the Administrator’s Guide web page.

:warning: Note: you will have to update the config.json file each time you upgrade focalboard

This config variable can either be set to true by default in the YunoHost-Apps/focalboard_ynh repo, or otherwise can be made configurable via the admin panel in Yunohost (by creating an entry in the manifest, perhaps? I’m not sure).

Update
In order to add configuration to the Yunohost admin panel, it seems like you create a config_panel.toml file in the app repo, as per this guide.

@Thomascountz feel free to make a PR proposal to the package, in order to add a config panel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have added config panels for the Enable publishing boards for public access option.
You can try with

sudo yunohost app upgrade focalboard -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/focalboard_ynh/tree/Add-config-panel

Let me know if you find other relevant option to include in the config panels.

2 Likes

Wow! That was fast! Thank you, @ericg!

Here is the list of all configuration. I wanted to share because most of it is not documented.

I don’t see anything else particularly interesting to expose in the config panel at this time.

Hello Here,
I’ve just install FocalBoard (7.11.3~ynh1) on my YNH (11.2.10), but I can’t manage to login to the app with a classic user account (not admin) is there any tricks ??
thanks

I just installed the application and I do not reproduce your issue.
Normally, after installing the app, you get a login screen with the name and password and a line with something like “If you don’t have credentials, create one.” you click on the line and create a new account.

I don’t understand why but I got the following error : “Invalid registration link, pleas contact your administrator”

I was speaking about more than one user…
and Well… this is not clear but it is a feature of the sofware…

Written in the documentation of Focalboard : Server Setup Guide

Registering the first user

After installing the server, open a browser to the domain you used (or http://localhost:8000 for local installs). You should be redirected to the login screen. Click the link to register a new user instead, and complete the registration.

The first user registration will always be permitted, but subsequent registrations will require an invite link which includes a code. You can invite additional users by clicking on your username in the top left, then selecting “Invite users”.

And for those who are looking for the link “Invite user” it is hidden here :

What a shitty process / UI !!!