Firefly-III: Upgrading from 5.4.6~ynh2 to 5.6.8~ynh1 fails because it can't back up

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2
App in question: Firefly-III, v5.4.6~ynh2
I have access to my server : Through SSH and webadmin. I also have direct physical access to the server if needed.
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

When attempting to upgrade Firefly-III from 5.4.6~ynh2 to 5.6.8~ynh1, the script cannot create a backup and aborts. A log is available here. The relevant lines appear to be:

2022-02-19 12:11:15,663: WARNING - 872 Source path ‘/etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/firefly-iii.conf’ does not exist
[…]
2022-02-19 12:11:17,167: DEBUG - 2378 Could not run script: /var/cache/yunohost/app_tmp_work_dirs/app_qej9llpi/scripts/backup
2022-02-19 12:11:17,169: WARNING - 2379 Could not back up firefly-iii

I can’t think of any system-wide changes I’ve made that would mess with either of the paths listed.

How can I troubleshoot and resolve this?

Thanks, as always! :slight_smile:

Hi, just a fellow user here, but there seems to be a very similar issue
here that is in french.

From what I understand they copied the missing firefly-iii.conf file from the php 7.4 folder to php 7.3 one to solve it.

cp /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/firefly-iii.conf /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/

2 Likes

Bonjour,

Effectivement, j’ai copié firefly-iii.conf dans /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/ avec la commande : cp /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/firefly-iii.conf /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/

Ensuite, j’ai relancé la mise à jour par l’interface graphique, et la mise à jour ainsi que la sauvegarde fonctionne de nouveau.

Bonne journée,

Philippe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.