[Firefly III] Importer can not connect because of login redirect

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1.13
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

The Firefly III Data Importer running on my computer locally fails to connect to my instance of Firefly III. The error message is “Could not decode JSON from URL “https:///firefly//api/v1/about?”: Syntax error”

The reason is, that Yunohost redirects the request to the login page, which of course the importer can’t deal with.

See also:

Is there some way to make certain URLs exempt from the login redirection?

So, reinstalling Firefly-III and setting “Should this app be exposed to anonymous visitors?” to true “solves” the problem.

I am really unhappy with this, since I don’t want to expose an app containing my financial information to anonymous visitors. The question remains: Is there some way to make certain URLs exempt from the login redirection?

Hello,

There is a built-in authentification inside of firefly iii and you can even enable 2FA inside of the app for further protection. If you enable that, you should be ok.

As for disabling the login on certains url, it should be possible, but if you allow this on the api of firefly iii, anonymous visitors could also be able to access your financial information. But same as before, there is a built-in authentification inside of firefly iii.

I hope that helps.

You make some good points. I guess I’ll be okay with just Firefly authentication.

In that case, the Firefly yunohost app probably shouldn’t even give me the option to set “Should this app be exposed to anonymous visitors?” to false.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.