Fehler bei Migration zu Bullseye

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS
YunoHost version: 4.4.2.14 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: Run Update and Migrate to Bullseye

Description of my issue

I started the update. All runs fine. The server reboot (I assume, cause the admin interface restarts) after some minutes. Then I clicked on the link run migration. Migration runs and stoped with an error.

Before I start trying by my self solving this error(s) I think its better to ask for your hints.

The full log is here:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/ogaquxoxiv

Some abstracts from the log - the warnings and errors:

:
WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.
:
WARNING - postinst called with unknown argument 'triggered'
WARNING - dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.3 (--configure):
WARNING -  installed mariadb-server-10.3 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
WARNING - Errors were encountered while processing:
WARNING -  mariadb-server-10.3
WARNING - E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
ERROR - Migration 0021_migrate_to_bullseye gescheitert mit der Ausnahme Failed to reinstall mariadb-common ?: Abbruch
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/tools.py", line 944, in tools_migrations_run
    migration.run()
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/data_migrations/0021_migrate_to_bullseye.py", line 174, in run
    raise YunohostError("Failed to reinstall mariadb-common ?", raw_msg=True)
yunohost.utils.error.YunohostError: Failed to reinstall mariadb-common ?

What are the best steps to solve this error?
Thanks for your help.
tinder

Hi Tinder,

I had a look at your log file. Near the bottom it says:

2022-09-25 20:49:34,594: INFO - + Processing triggers for mariadb-server-10.3 (1:10.3.36-0+deb10u1) ...
2022-09-25 20:49:34,723: WARNING - postinst called with unknown argument 'triggered'
2022-09-25 20:49:34,761: WARNING - dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.3 (--configure):
2022-09-25 20:49:34,763: WARNING -  installed mariadb-server-10.3 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
2022-09-25 20:49:34,775: WARNING - Errors were encountered while processing:
2022-09-25 20:49:34,777: WARNING -  mariadb-server-10.3
2022-09-25 20:49:34,955: WARNING - E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Since about a week more people encounter this postinst called with unknown argument 'triggered', myself included.

In the Matrix-chat-room I read that tituspijean is investigating the issue. He found an upstream bug report.

From my experience with the problem: don’t try to solve it for the moment. If you can wait a while, leave the migration until the cause of the error or a workaround is found.

Is your MariaDB (and rest of your system) functional at the moment?

Oh thank you for your helpful reply :slight_smile:
Yes, my system is ok. And MariaDB is still working, too :slight_smile:
Ok, than I will wait some days, … until there was a solution for that issue.

Said upstream issue: https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-29584 :wink:

1 Like

Is there a new status about this error? Is the issue solved? Or should I wait some more days?

Whats about the new yunohost updates? There are some packages to update. Is it a good or a bad idea to runs theses updates?

I would say: try to run the migrations again. If a fix for the ‘triggered’-problem is available, it will continue. If not yet, it will exit with the same message.

The updates are available because at the start of the migration, the sources for packages have been set from Buster (Debian 10) to Bullseye (Debian 11). The migration scripts make sure the upgrade runs smoothly, without manual intervention (most of the time).

Thank you for your information. I tried the migration again and it works :slight_smile:
A little point didnt work - the searx. But for it I start a new posting.

1 Like

Nice!

Good luck with searx! If you didn’t make any changes to it, maybe reinstalling is the quickest way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.