What type of hardware are you using: Virtual machine
What YunoHost version are you running: 12.1.40.1
How are you able to access your server: Direct access via physical keyboard/screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform specific tweaking on your YunoHost instance ?: No
Describe your issue
I’ve been error emails every day for the past week or two complaining that my Let’s Encrypt certificate won’t renew due to something being wrong with the DNS entry for muc.domain.tld. I was ignoring it because I hadn’t made any changes to the system and I’ve gotten messages about certificate renewal errors that resolved themselves previously. Well, now none of my sites or even the web interface is working, so I need to figure out what’s going one. Hopefully, there’s an easy fix. I’ve included the error log, if anyone can help.
Share relevant logs or error messages
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/vuvojuciho
yunohost domain cert-renew --no-checks
No dice: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/toruyuteda
Should I try adding A and AAAA DNS records for muc.domain.tld with my registrar?
Not sure if it matters, but I have been running Metronome for a long time without any issues.
What I ended up doing was changing my ‘ALIAS domain.tld → domain.tplinkdns.com’ record to ‘A domain.tld → [my current IP address]’ and then I was able to renew the certificate successfully. However, I have a dynamic IP address and I’m not in a position to get a static one, so I’m not sure if this solution will last. I’m considering switching back to what I had and then changing the record again whenever I start getting warnings about certificate renewal. It’s just odd because the ALIAS record hasn’t ever been a problem and I’ve been running my server with it for years.
The thread shows YunoHost 12.1.40.1 and certificate renewal failing specifically for muc.domain.tld, followed by all sites and the web interface becoming unavailable; that points first to DNS resolution for that hostname rather than Metronome itself. A safe next step is to confirm that muc.domain.tld has the server’s current A and AAAA records at the registrar, then rerun the diagnosis after DNS propagation; avoid deleting the certificate while checking.